ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
loluog
Regular MemberPosts: 147
Like?
New lens advice. Help please
Jan 2, 2013

Hey guys,

I want to get a new lens. I have 2 right now. I have an A55 with the kit lens 18-55mm and I got a Tamron 70-300mm lens. Now Not to say I have any problems with the pictures I've been taken, but the kit lens is a little shorter than I'd like. I want something that has some zoom to it that won't weigh a ton like the Tamron currently does. Now these are the lenses I'm currently looking at

1. Tamron Autofocus 28-200mm f/3.8-5.6 XR

2. Sony 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 SAM

3. Tamron Autofocus 28-105mm f/4-5.6

4. Sony 55-200mm f/4-5.6 SAM DT

5. Minolta 28-105mm

In addition to getting one of these lenses I also want to get a prime lens to get wide angle images to make up for the lower end I will be leaving since I plan on not using my kit lens so much if not selling it.

Just to reiterate, I want a lens that won't weigh a ton and is a good walk around lens I tried searching for it in the forum but it kept crapping out on me so I couldn't check. So forgive me if there's already a forum on this. If there is already one you can send me a link and I will be glad to withdraw my post. If There is any other information I can give you to help me let me know. Thanks in advance.

Sony SLT-A55
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow