Nikon 24-70 2.8 Best Lens in the World?

Started Dec 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
m_appeal
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,434
Like?
Re: Nikon 24-70 2.8 Best Lens in the World?
In reply to CeleryBeats, Jan 1, 2013

I'm curious why you say flare control is one of the reasons.

Masurov compared the 2...

Ghosting and Flare

The Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 handles ghosting and flares quite well, as can be seen below (taken without the hood and without any filters):

And here is the Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G in comparison:

From the above two image samples, the Tamron looks better to me overall. While the Tamron shows a little more flare, the Nikon 24-70mm shows a lot more ghosting throughout the frame. That’s why the Nikon 24-70mm has a huge lens hood – it just does not do well against very bright light sources. You could take off the lens hood on the Tamron 24-70mm and you would be fine, whereas I would not recommend to do the same on the Nikon 24-70mm.

http://photographylife.com/reviews/tamron-24-70mm-f2-8#ixzz2GkHmHnQpRead more:

CeleryBeats wrote:

Manny82 wrote:

What people like you don't understand is that even if you take VC out of the equation, turn it off on the Tamron, and you will find that it is in some ways better and some ways worse than the Nikon.

I don't think i ever said otherwise in this discussion. I do say that the benefits of the Nikon like better bokeh, built quality, feel (thats personal) and AF speed/accuracy, and Flare control are the reasons, from a professional point of view, why i went with the Nikon because those things do matter for me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow