If you had $1500 to $2000 to spend for a desktop for CS6, what would you choose.?

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Questions thread
bellflier
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Re: If you had $1500 to $2000 to spend for a desktop for CS6, what would you choose.?
In reply to tcg550, Jan 1, 2013

To those who would buy less expensive systems. I already have the hard drives (I'm a backup freak and a half dozen onsite and off site backup externals, plus three extra 2 TB drives in my current case that I will be moving into the new one. Maybe I'm over spending, but from what I've read about the new cards speeding up a few filters (which I use) and thinking of CS7 down the road, I'm more comfortable with a fast and quality build that hopefully will last at least four years as my other systems have.

Thanks to all who helped. I am in the last phase of customizing after a lot of questions and a patient rep and will likely order my system from Puget Systems by the end of the day after one more question is answered: Would there be that much difference between the Ivy Bridge or the Sandy Bridge for heavy Photoshop use (and lightroom plus other programs sometimes open along with a browser)? Maybe you can help?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow