F750EXR vs F200EXR at wide angle

Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
DS21
Senior MemberPosts: 1,571Gear list
Like?
Re: *sigh* ... meaningless test begets meaningless condemnation ...
In reply to CAcreeks, Dec 31, 2012

CAcreeks wrote:

DS21 wrote:

Fuji changed the metering over time to expose more for the shadows. The F200 (same as F100 before) has a conservative metering, meaning it is very hard to overexpose.

Interesting, and probably true.

This test just proves to me (viewed full size) that F200 is a classic never to be repeated again by Fuji.

The X10 did well on this scene. The URL is below if you want to look at the 4000x3000 image. Unfortunately the position is a bit different so you cannot see the tower and palm trees. But I believe the X10 might be superior to the F200, except for orbs etc.

http://www.dcresource.com/sites/default/files/galleries/fuji-x10-photo-gallery/DSCF1084.JPG

The X10 is not really in the same class as F200, it is much bigger and has less zoom range. I also don't think the X10 looks any better here, too many blown areas ("new" Fuji metering style). For the difference in time between the releases, price and upscale packaging of X10, I would expect more. In the context of 2009 and how well it stacks up even today, I consider F200 a true classic of Fuji F line.

DS21's gear list:DS21's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F11 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow