Started Dec 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hpeter
Regular MemberPosts: 248
Like?
I looked through an optical viewfinder
Dec 31, 2012

After owning the a57 for about 4 months (and the A700 before that for 3 years), I went down to our video department and grabbed one of their Nikon D800 and looked through it.

Hah! Good old days...

I felt neutral in the EVF vs OVF debate. It looks nice and clean and all that, but I was missing the instant view of color balance and exposure feedback.

As a side-note, I also find it funny that there is no eye-sensor on the D800 and every time you take a shot, it either always shows you a preview or never, depending on settings. I don't own the D800 and never shot with it, so I'm just guessing this point, so correct me if I'm wrong. But on the A700 there is no preview if you don't move your eye away from the viewfinder, and on the a57 you see (or don't) a picture that was just taken, depending on your selection.

Anyhow. I don't feel like I'm missing OVF. I think for me EVF works out just fine. Everybody has their own preferences and I'm perfectly happy with the a57.

Just felt like sharing my feelings about it.

Happy new year to all!

Nikon D800 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow