Started Dec 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NW Charlie
Senior MemberPosts: 1,039
Like?
Telextender Questions
Dec 31, 2012

What would happen if I tried to use my 1.4x with a lens that is not on the list of compatible lenses?  Would I lose the autofocus capability?  The automatic exposure control capability?  Some other capability?  Or would it simply not function at all?  For example, if I wanted a closer close-up shot of the moon, and would willingly set the focus and exposure manually, could I get the 1.4x to work with an EF 75-300?

Similar question:  Can I stack my existing 1.4x with an (as yet unpurchased) 2.0x III, attach my 70-200 F4.0L, set the focus and exposure manually, and get a net effective 560 focal length?  Would it work at all, or would the camera refuse to fire because it did not recognize the presence of a compatible lens?

If it impacts the answers, my camera is a 5DII, and my wife's is a 60D

-- hide signature --

http://www.pbase.com/cbeck One does not achieve success by being at the right place at the right time, but rather by being ready when the right place and time present themselves for your inspection.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow