Flash Choice

Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
stromaroma
Senior MemberPosts: 1,080Gear list
Like?
Re: Flash Choice
In reply to vkyr2, Dec 31, 2012

vkyr2 wrote:

Agreed, it would be easy to fix this via a firmware update, but hey then they would loose something to emphasize for their V2 feature list and possibly also loose you as a potential V2 upgrade buyer.

-- hide signature --

Valentino

The thing is, they might lose out on some profit from existing Nikon users if they were to do things right the first time, or fix them afterwards via firmware updates, but then they'd probably make up that lost profit and more by stealing market share away from their competitors. It's amazing how no camera company can get these very basic things right, over and over and over again. Seriously, they could take anyone from this board, pay them $50,000 a year and solve all these problems at once. Then Nikon would kill its competition and make tons of money.

All the criticisms about the V1 didn't make me go out and buy it, then upgrade to a bunch of other later cameras to fix the problems. Instead I waited over a year until they were on fire sale, then Nikon's profit margin goes down. They LOST my sales because of these shenanigans, they didn't attract it. These things make me a hesitant buyer. Whether I'm typical of the market or not, I don't know, but it seems they have a lot of backlogged V1 units they're trying to get rid of, for prices way below when they first came out. That can't be good for profit.

If they had done it right the first time I would have probably forked over $600 for one. There's no way I'd buy a V2 until they come down to today's V1 price.

-- hide signature --

http://markbc.net/
Nikon D300
Nikon D7000
Nikon D40x
Nikon D40
Nikkor 70-300 VR
Nikkor 300 F/4 AF-S
Nikkor 70-200 F/2.8 VRII
Nikkor 1.4X TC
Nikkor 2.0X TC Version III
Nikkor 18-55 kit lens
Nikkor 18-105 kit lens
Nikkor 35 f/1.8
Sigma 10-20 older version
Canon 500D close up filter
Nikon SB 600 flash
Canon HF10 camcorder
Canon HF200 camcorder
Canon WP-V2 underwater housing for HF200
Three GoPro HD Hero video cameras
Okay, too much stuff, yes I know I need to whittle it down a bit.

stromaroma's gear list:stromaroma's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow