Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Artichoke
Forum ProPosts: 11,665Gear list
Like?
looks like a fun party
In reply to tony field, Dec 31, 2012

tony field wrote:

snip
In a practical sense, it might have been better if I took the Canon 5D-III and the 35mm f1.4
snip
--

tony
http://www.tphoto.ca

and I am glad you took the M9

shooting one does take some adjustment coming from SLRs, even for folks experienced with RF photography

topping off the battery will help you get more out of it than you did as will making some default viewing adjustments

the high ISO performance of the M9 improves with spot on exposure and all such photography does better when the light isn't pushed much beyond that which was present

I suspect your photographs look much brighter than was present when taken

also as you gain confidence with RF photography again you doubtless will exploit slower shutter speeds, which greatly helps

also you will profit from not stopping down so much with your wide angle lens

for people you rarely need more than f 4 & will generally fare better at wider apertures ...your lenses are up to the task

with practice you will discover the M9 far more capable of low light work

this all said, I enjoyed your post

great seeing exuberant partying from western Canada

wishing all the best for you in the coming year

-- hide signature --

pbase & dpreview supporter
DPR forum member since 5/2001
my PBase Galleries
"Avoid making a commotion, just as you wouldn’t stir up the water before fishing. Don’t use a flash out of respect for the natural lighting, even when there isn’t any. If these rules aren’t followed, the photographer becomes unbearably obtrusive" -- attributed to HCB

Artichoke's gear list:Artichoke's gear list
Agfa ePhoto 1680 Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Leica M8 Nikon D3X Leica M9 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow