A37 or A57 with 18-135
Ok. I really want the 18-135 lens but am wondering if the a37 will suffice over the a57 for a price difference of $200. I'm new to dslr photography but really want to learn how to successfully use one. I'd like to eventually move into photographing other people's kids and portraits. I'm wondering if the new sony releases next year will include better high iso/low light. So should i wait? I know I'd have to move up to a better body eventually. I'd love the a77 but its over my budget. Anyone have any thoughts? I'd also like to get a 35mm prime as well. Thanks.
For someone coming into DSLR photography, I cannot think of anything in particular to distinguish the A37 from the A57 -from the point of view of taking photos and obtaining good image quality. For you, the main difference is likely to be the size. Their sensors and most of the image processing are the same.
Here are some other differences:
- A57 has a somewhat brighter, and higher resolution, LCD than the A37. The articulation is different as well. I wouldn't say which is better, as some prefer one and some another. But they are different in that respect.
- A57 battery is larger with higher capacity.
- A57 has higher frames/second number.
- A57 has available on-screen level indicator, which A37 does not.
- A57 will take wireless remote, but I seem to recall the A37 does not (should verify).
- A57 has input for external mic, but I do not know if the A37 does.