Questions about cameras??

Started Dec 30, 2012 | Questions thread
kennethfong
Forum MemberPosts: 84
Like?
Re: Questions about cameras??
In reply to mpaulsen24, Dec 31, 2012

Happy new year!

Gotta admit I'm not the best to suggest on any point and shoot, I think the latest galaxy camera is cool but just not sure how it works out on pic quality... anyway I'll try leaning the suggestions towards mirrorless coz that's the current samsung flagship. The features you mentioned esp Wi Fi means the latest gen of cameras along the range of NX20, NX210...

However I'm kinda puzzled of your "good photos in low light", if you mean high ISO's, some of my NX photos are keepers at ISO1600 but never beyond that... unfortunately any higher ISO's to be of a worthy quality, full frame is the only option... if you're talking about focusing in low light, I guess this is quite a weakness of the contrast detect focus system in the NX lines of camera...

As for long zoom to catch a snapshot at a huge open soccer field from the sides, the longest zoom available for Samsung NX is 200mm (approx full frame equivalent of 300mm), at the focal length, depending on where you are, you may best capture a nice shot of her when she's about quarter a field closest to you, but you mentioned "across the field" which means this should be a further range beyond 300mm or 400mm then you may need to go for dslr like a cropped 7D (or its Nikon or sony DSLR equivalent) for the best in action photography and maximizing the focal length of a cropped sensor...

mpaulsen24 wrote:

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a new camera and I need some HELP. Thank You in advance.

I would like something:

1. Very EASY to use, Point and Shoot

2. I can take action shots and can zoom into action across field (daughter plays soccer).

3. Take pictures off video

4. Wi Fi

5. Good photo's in Low Light

6. Full HD 1080 Videos

Please any suggestions would help.

Thank You

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow