Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
AlrightOkUhhuhAmen
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
Re: Baby, It's the STEALTH!
In reply to Midwest, Dec 31, 2012

Midwest wrote:

VisualFX wrote:

I'm not sure why there is an influx of kiddos on this forum shooting "stealth". That, and just switching the camera to B&W mode and thinking you are going to take great street photos. I mean really, are you going to keep photos of people you don't know in your collection, especially creepy snapshots?

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who sees it this way. I've seen some interesting street shots but 98% are just photos of strangers - in B/W of course - either from behind, or from the front, unnoticed by the subject. I wonder who on earth would want to take photos like that? And what can possibly be done with them? They're not even interesting.

Agreed.  I spent time doing this, and at the end of the day, all I had was a bunch of shots of unwilling participants whom I did not even know.  Kinda pointless.

That said, there are examples out there of unwilling participants and strangers which can be interesting, given the proper circumstances, e.g. crazy clothes, unusual behavior, etc...

However, I see a lot of candids on the internet of strangers on cell phones, however.  Zzzzzzzz..... Same goes for shots of homeless people.  Cheap shots, unless you engage them and offer a financial token of appreciation.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow