ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mssimo
Contributing MemberPosts: 870Gear list
Like?
Sending in D800E to service.
Dec 31, 2012

Hello,

I'm not using my D800e much this month and decided to send it in for a few issues i been having. I'm going to mail it off sometime this week.

1: Some oil/dirt on sensor that I have been unable to clean. I don't feel comfortable with wet cleaning, i just use a scope, sensor brush, silicone stamp, and blower. (ongoing issue like the D600)

2: Left autofocus point calibration. This is not a huge deal since I use my MF Zeiss lenses most of the time but I did notice some af lenses require much more than -20 micro adjustment for left focus points.

3: Green screen tint issue. I noticed Nikon rumors post where Nikon fixes this issue. I think its a replacement LCD. Would be nice to have a natural looking screen again.

http://nikonrumors.com/2012/12/25/it-seems-that-nikon-does-have-a-fix-for-the-green-tint-on-the-lcd-screen-of-the-d800.aspx/

Anyone else sent in bodies in the last few months for these issues? Any idea on turnaround time?

Also, how often do you clean your sensor and what method do you use. If you had oil on it, how do you clean it without smudging it all over the place?

-- hide signature --
 Mssimo's gear list:Mssimo's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye +3 more
Nikon D600 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow