New Fujifilm Superzooms in CES 2013 ?

Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
isb_deep
Regular MemberPosts: 163
Like?
Re: New Fujifilm Superzooms in CES 2013 ?
In reply to Trevor G, Dec 31, 2012

Trevor G wrote:

isb_deep wrote:

Came across this in the morning and quoting from Photorumors:

3 superzooms: HS35 (replacement for HS25), HS40 (HS30 replacement) and XS-2 ? The picture looks like a XS-1 with a 42x zoom lens. That would be mighty impressive if that is the case.

Wouldn't you be more impressed if it had a constant f2.8 lens that was sharp at both ends, even if it just went from 24 to 600?

I know I would be.

Sheer zoom capability is not worth much without the corresponding image quality.

Or have you never looked at what a good lens on a DSLR will do?

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Trevor G
Silkypix tutorials at: http://photo.computerwyse.com

I would take the constant zoom, sure, no questions asked, of course. However, I am hoping it is the XS-1 sensor coupled with the 42x zoom lens. I don't really care about the massive zoom range, that has it own pros and cons which have been debated endlessly.

I would be happy with a larger sensor or a constant lens, either would be welcome. The former already exists in the Fujifilm lineup in the XS-1 but the latter is something they are yet to come up with (I had the FZ200 for a little while but I returned it as I couldn't live with the the lack of manual zooming) Let's see what CES brings. Not that I intend to switch from the HS30 anytime soon.

P.s. Yes, I have looked at what a good lens on a DSLR does, I have both, in my opinion. But the topic of discussion was superzooms so why bring the DSLRs in. Different discussion altogether.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow