Mark ll,6D, or 5D that is the question ?

Started Dec 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
William DIllard
Senior MemberPosts: 2,448Gear list
Like?
Mark ll,6D, or 5D that is the question ?
Dec 31, 2012

Hi this is adressed to people with with experience with the 5DMark ll and one of the newer cameras like the 6D or 5D Mark lll. Also I am going to leave a link to a video I watched moments ago which I hope you watch as well and tell me what you think.

I never desired the Mark ll because a staff photographer at a local hospital hated his Mark ll and he only used it because the hospital, for all practical purposes, gave it to him. He said it never matched up to his trusty 5D. I am now considering the possibility that he disliked the 5D MK ll because of the lens that came with it, the 24-105L. He did say that he didn't like that lens but he uses it all of the time which could be affecting his judgement.

The promoter of this video says the only difference in IQ with the 5D MK lll and the Mark ll is only apparent at very high ISO's so he generally recommends the 5D ll. So you guys who have used both tell me what you think. Is the noise at ISO's 3200 and 6400 managed as well on the Mark ll as either the 6D or 5D lll ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga07x8SsANU

William DIllard's gear list:William DIllard's gear list
Tokina AF-X Pro 16-50mm f/2.8 DX
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow