Snapseed available for Android

Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Doug Pardee
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,439Gear list
Like?
Memory on the Galaxy Camera
In reply to svegress, Dec 31, 2012

svegress wrote:

My issue is with the paltry flash memory left for other apps by Samsung.

Does the camera use a tiered memory system like Android mobile phones do? On my LG mobile phone, I use Sam Lu's free "App 2 SD" app to move those apps that permit it to the "internal" SD card. Right now I've got 855MB left on the "phone" memory and 910MB of apps moved to the "internal" SD card. (I use "phone" and "internal" in quotes because the naming varies from phone to phone.) Anyway, without App 2 SD, I'd've already run out of "phone" memory.

I've also put as much onto my external (removable) SD card as possible. Alas, it's not that much. About the only apps I have who natively recognize that memory are the build-in Android camera app, Camera 360 Ultimate, Vignette, Photo Editor, and Pixlr-O-Matic.

Oh... App 2 SD also lets me see which apps are the biggest hogs at each memory tier. If I need to free up any "phone" memory in the future, I'll know which ones to consider dumping first. Of course, the #1 pig is the unremoveable NetFlix. Amazon holds the next three spots, and Google the three spots after that — not all of those are removeable, either. Those seven apps together consume about half of the "phone" memory that's currently in use.

-- hide signature --

The open-source LightZone Project: http://lightzoneproject.org/

Doug Pardee's gear list:Doug Pardee's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1030 SW Canon EOS 350D Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Snapseed +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow