Canon 6D: Why is the interface so badly broken?

Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Richard
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,640
Like?
I know this is a hard answer but..
In reply to Jason Rickerby, Dec 31, 2012

Jason Rickerby wrote:

Background - I got my first dSLR in September 2004, the Canon 20D. I then upgraded to the Canon 40D. I have a couple of L series lenses, a 580EX, 430EX, battery grip, timer remote, etc., so I'm reasonably invested in the EOS system.

I am 6 days away from picking up a Canon 6D, however I am having real difficulties getting past the fact that from a user interface perspective, it is a broken camera.

Be patient, take some time to save up your money and buy what you really want. The 5d3s can be found for a pretty good price. Canon just produced this camera, they are not going to upgrade it soon and it sounds like to me you will not be happy with it. I would rather spend 3k on a camera I am going to be happy with than $2100 for a camera I think the interface is broken or unusable.

That being said, I have never met an interface that was all by itself that was worth 1k dollars more, I would probably  work around it. The problem for me there are other missing features that make this camera not on my list.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow