Canon 7D with 100-400mm IS lens

Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
maarensv
Contributing MemberPosts: 508Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon 7D with 100-400mm IS lens
In reply to dave vichich, Dec 31, 2012

dave vichich wrote:

I'm on my 2nd 7D, my results with this lens is mixed. More times than not, my photos just lack sharpness. So now everyone can tell me that I don't know how to use this camera and so on. I hope your results will be better than mine.

BTW, this is the only lens that I have had this trouble with on this camera. At first, I thought maybe the problem was with the lens, so I tried it on my T3i and my 5DMKII, it works like a champ on those cameras.

I have used a Canon 300 F2.8is with and without tc's and a Sigma 120-300 f2.8os and have gotten great results using them.

Hi,

I have the same experience with the 7D + 100-400 combo. That combo has not proven to be very reliable when it comes to focus. At least not at the long end of the focal range. My old 40D and even the analog 50e did much better. The 6D I had with Xmas handled it perfectly with not a single picture OOF.

MFA does not help here and it is also not users error (though I say it myself).

Regards, Sandor.

maarensv's gear list:maarensv's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Tamron SP AF 60mm F/2 Di II LD IF Macro +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow