The Universe is going down the drain

Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Antone
Contributing MemberPosts: 740
Like?
Re: DP2M Max Hot shoe Voltage
In reply to jbr, Dec 31, 2012

jbr wrote:

I have been using a Braun Hobby 17B for a couple of days with a DP2M and have had good success except for the slow shutter speed problem. However, on doing some research I found that the sync voltage applied to the hot shoe connector can be a problem for some digital cameras. I just measured the 17B using a multimeter when fully charged and I get 200V! Is this a problem for the DP2M to handle? Joe

I don't know about the DP cameras or the SD1, but my SD15 can take 250V. My Sunpak 26DX has 6V of trigger, but my Vivitar 283 is like yours - around 200V. I don't use that flash with my digital cameras (except with an optical slave). I also have a Sunpak 522 handle-mount that I fire on my SD15 but it uses the PC sync cable.

If I were you, I'd probably not use that flash anymore without first contacting Sigma to find out the maximum voltage the hot shoe can take. Of course, you can buy a safe sync for your shoe to mitigate that problem.

-- hide signature --

Tony-S

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow