Sony does it again... no true international Apps support !

Started Dec 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
shutter22
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Sony does it again... no true international Apps support !
Dec 31, 2012

Hi,

Being a long time customer in the camera market, and to sony product, I find it agitating to see how little sony thinks of us the customer:

I was visiting the US, purchased a Nex6. Now currently through job etc, I live in Israel... I logged the camera to the Sony site, (I did it only back in Israel...) wanting to install the apps and use the remote feature...

well: surprise !! the site blocked my account for apps - as "it does not support that location".

you would imagine that I can revisit the site and give a different Email.. with address in the US. well - did just that - nice... all working.

BUT... the I phone is logged in Israel service.. you guessed it... I-tune automatically blocks the Sony Apps , so no remote feature ....

Contacting Sony support - you get the following respond: Sony does not offer international support. there is a specific list of countries. .. if you are out ... go seach someone else...

Always customer oriented - are they not ?...

Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow