If Sigma had a mirrorless camera (CSC) ... pros/cons

Started Dec 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
SigmaChrome
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,092Gear list
Like?
Re: If Sigma had a mirrorless camera (CSC) ... pros/cons
In reply to Laurence Matson, Dec 31, 2012

Laurence Matson wrote:

Sigma's delay has always been due to the OVF, which on virtually all cameras are practically useless save for framing. If they can find a way to cram sufficient resolution into that screen and figure out how to light the thing and not have it look like a 1950s space-invaders movie set, then it might happen. In the last year or two, there have been some interesting third-party developments in this field.

Personally, I love the OVF. It really is the only way to see what's actually in front of the camera. A viewfinder like the one in a SLR or a good range-finder with a display at the bottom is all I want for framing my shots. So long as it's sharp and clear and accurately displays my subject in real time, it's enough. The way I look at it; I'd rather wear glasses that be forced to look through an EVF.

I've shot many weddings on cameras that have live view and I've never once used it to frame a shot. This does not mean that LV doesn't have its place. It's perfect for product work and as an aid to critical focus. To tell the truth, I'd probably be just as happy with a ground glass focusing screen and a magnifier.

-- hide signature --
 SigmaChrome's gear list:SigmaChrome's gear list
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD14 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow