Started Dec 31, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
apwhitelaw
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?
Is Renting a Lens Okay?
Dec 31, 2012

I would love to get a Nokton, probably the 17.5mm. I have a 50mm lens just because it has wide aperture for cheap, but I can't be using 50mm in these small places. So 25mm would be great but since there's also now a 17.5mm, that's even better. Plus the aperture ring having click stops or none is great because I do photos and videos.

I tend to buy things and just never use them. I haven't used my GH2 that much and I've had it for a year or two. $1250 is a lot to spend, and a year or two ago, I would look at that price and just laugh and say that sucks, cause I wouldn't be getting that. Today that money is an attainable goal, and I might have enough very soon. That being said, since it is so much money, I happened to stumble upon a website for renting lenses and it made me think, maybe I should just rent the lens for a few days or so and see if I really want to buy it. It seems kinda expensive to rent, $47.25 for 4 days, which isn't too bad but it's also $25 shipping, which is really annoying. But I would rather rent it and say "Hey, I don't really want this after all" than going out and spending all my money and just regretting my purchase.

I just wanted to ask, is renting a lens okay? Is there any problems or such? Anyone ever tried?

Thanks.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow