rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,919Gear list
Like?
Re: Simple RAW processing - OK?
In reply to jcharity, Dec 31, 2012

jcharity wrote:

Rens wrote:

jcharity wrote:

CS5.1 and ACR 6.7 does recognize .ORF files.

I get a box telling me 'could not complete your request because the file appears to be from a camera model which is not supported by the installed version of Camera Raw'.

It recognised ORF files from my E3 a while ago, but not those from the OMD.

-- hide signature --

Rens
There are optimists and there are realists

Make sure you have the Adobe Camera Raw 6.7 update. It works fine for my .ORF files.

OM-D

CS5 won't work with the newest cameras. The work around is to convert those files into dng files with the last version of the free Adobe dng converter (look iin to Detail man's post for the link.

After that, CS5 will be able to open them with the 6.7 version of Adobe Raw Converter. You won't get the ast improvements which Adobe has made to the converter however. The seventh version handles highlights better IMO and is worth it. However I didn't update CS5 (too much money for wthat you get), but I updated from LR3.6 to LR4 : well worth the upgrade price in this case. I lost 100% compatibility with PS, but not such a big deal : I can just export a 16 bits tif to CS5 when needed.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow