Purchase: 60D or 7D + Lenses?

Started Dec 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
photohack62
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Re: Purchase: 60D or 7D + Lenses?
In reply to Keith Z Leonard, Dec 31, 2012

I use a 60D with a canon 15-85 and a canon 70-200 f/4 L.  Both lenses perform very well on this camera.  Used to have a 24-70 f/2.8 version I which produced jaw dropping images but it was very heavy.  Colors were better than the 15-85, but not much.  I don't care for primes personally, but that's ok because the 60D has lots of noise over 400 ISO anyway.  Tried a 7D about a year ago with these same lenses and I thought the lenses were messed up.  Very soft images.  Exchanged for another 7D and had the same results.  Went back to the 60D a few of times after trying out different cameras.  The images were instantly sharper without having to adjust or mess with anything else, right out of the box, every time.  I also just tried out a new 6D with the 24-105.  Uh, no thanks.  LOL  I was looking at the images on my screen just shaking my head.  For that kind of money, they should be much sharper.  Is it just me?  I don't know.    Anyone else have these experiences?  All I know is when I go back to my 60D and these lenses, all these problems go away.  I guess I just like cameras that I can take out of the box and get sharp images without having to micro adjust, or send back to the factory to have it calibrated.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow