Can't seem to adjust the shutter speed in movie liveview mode

Started Dec 31, 2012 | Questions thread
dholl
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,115
Like?
not all cameras are the same
In reply to Stephen Brenner, Dec 31, 2012

Stephen Brenner wrote:

Manual mode works fine in movie liveview, I can set the shutter speed to 1/60 to match
my 30p frame rate. There is no automatic adjustment of iso to respond to changing lighting conditions.
When I use liveview in stills manual mode, the iso does change with the lighting, and my changing
the iso has no effect. So I'm not sure if I would call this a real manual mode. If I turn off auto iso I end up with a real manual mode, but unfortunately the lcd display does not show the actual result of the settings (except for aperture changes).
When I switch to Aperture mode in movie liveview, I can change the aperture with the aperture ring on the lens and the iso will change with the lighting condition. That's fine, except that the shutter
is now set to 1/30 and I can't find a way to change it. In fact I can't change anything but the aperture. I've set 1/60th as the minimum shutter speed in the ISO sensitivity settings, but that doesn't seem to be honored.

Now when I use liveview in stills aperture mode, things seem to be ok. I can adjust the aperture with the lens ring, and I can adjust the iso and that affects the shutter speed and vice versa.

So my problem is really only with the liveview movie mode and not being able to change to the desired shutter speed. Have I neglected some setting somewhere that will fix this?

Of course it would be great to be able to set the aperture on G lenses as well but that might be fixed in a firmware update.

Thanks,

Steve

Did you just post all that without even telling us which camera you mean?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow