ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sdh
sdh
Regular MemberPosts: 172
Like?
Canon DPP raw conversion question
Dec 31, 2012

I'm trying to figure out how to get DPP to do (batch) raw conversion that yields essentially the same images as OOC jpg.  I would have assumed that this would happen automatically, if no edits were made to the raw file, but that's not the result I'm seeing.

DPP conversions look identical to the OOC jpg's in terms of color and tone curve but sharpness is way off.  Jpegs generated by DPP appear as if no sharpening was applied.  Even when I edit an individual raw file and crank up the Sharpness sliders in the RAW & RGB tabs, it still doesnt match the OOC jpg.  If I use unsharp mask instead then I can get a similar result, but none of these sharpness controls are available in Batch mode, which is where it would need to be. (But even if it were, unsharp mask needs to be tweaked for the individual image to be used correctly.)

My goal is to be able to shoot RAW only instead of RAW + Jpg and be confident that I can get an OOC equivalent after the fact.  At the moment I'm rather frustrated that Canon's own conversion program appears unable to match it's cameras output!  Does anyone have insight into what's going on?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow