Started Dec 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lightshow
Senior MemberPosts: 2,630Gear list
Like?
Re: how much for planar 1.7?
In reply to bzx, Dec 31, 2012

bzx wrote:

Michael Everett wrote:

Let me suggest one 50 that has not been mentioned: the Zeiss Planar 1.7 (C/Y mount.) Many consider it one of the sharpest lenses made, and it is not expensive.

How much did you pay for yours? Just want to have an estimate..

Thanks

-- hide signature --

t[+]m

To be honest, my Contax 50/1.7 never wowed me, I found it to be average at best, I however was(& still) impressed with the sharpness on my Topcor RE 58/1.8, a very nice piece of glass.

SQLGuy wrote:

The down side of most Canon FD lenses, is that they're a bit tricky to mount on adapters (adapter needs to be set to Open when mounting and Lock when in use). If you forget to Lock it, the aperture will stay wide open regardless of how it's set.

wite the breach lock versions, you cab push the aperture leaver up till it locks, the aperture ring will now make the aperture work at all times, so you can leave the lock/close ring on the adapter in the open position.

To ad to my earlier post:

So I'll post a few I've shot and liked...

Wides:

OM 21/3.5, 24/2.8, FD SSC 24/2.8, Rokkor MC 28/2.5, S-M-C 28/3.5(M42), Nikkor O.C 35/2,Leica Elmarit 28/2.8 (2nd version)(ASPH is best), Pen F 38/1.8

I forgot to add the FD SSC 35/2.8 Tilt Shift, it's wicked sharp, like a macro, only it's kinda big.

Normals:

FD SSC/FDn 50/1.4, Nikkor N.C 50/1.4, Topcor RE 58/1.8, Rokkor 58/1.2, 50/1.4, S-M-C55/1.8, 50/1.4, OM 501.8(MIJ), 50/1.4

Lightshow's gear list:Lightshow's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow