Started Dec 31, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AofA
Forum MemberPosts: 91
Like?
Nikkor Lens Recommendations Please.
Dec 31, 2012

I am an experienced Photog and Artist working primarily in Contemporary Art and Conceptual, Editorial/Fashion Photography. I work in still and moving image.

I want to buy my first Pro DSLR, but don't hv the cash to invest in stuff i'd luv to have, such as a medium format phase system and a great HD video camera. I need to find something that can, more-or-less, kill all birds with one stone.

I've decided on the Nikon D800 because of the large pixel count. I like to make LARGE exhibition prints. Also, i've heard that the quality of the video is excellent. I work in video art and am exploring experimental documentary and would like something i can use to broadcast on web, TV or on screen.

I'm having a hard time deciding on the lens. I can't afford a number of primes, so i'm thinking of the 24 - 70 f2.8, but there are soo many lenses on Nikon's website. I'd like a f2.8 and like to shoot between 24 - 105mm. i like a view/frame that resembles human vision/perspective.

As a note, i do own a Nikkor 70-200 f4.5 in mint condition and feel that this would be a good companion when i need to do portrait work with more focal compression.

That len's is close to 2000.00. i guess i could afford, perhaps 2 or 3 primes that could do the same thing. There are all those codes of that seem important as well, like ED, VR, IF, etc.

Any suggestions or links would be most appreciated. Thanks,

AofA

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow