X100: What is going on here?

Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
AM4L
Senior MemberPosts: 1,206Gear list
Like?
Re: X100: What is going on here?
In reply to rattymouse, Dec 31, 2012

rattymouse wrote:

I guess in my mind it should be that if the sensor is not blown out by excessive light, it should be able to capture the scene correctly. As I said, there is no evidence at all that the sensors abilities were exceeded by the scene. Yet to get the color correctly it took -1.8 ev in LR4. That is a HUGE adjustment. Surprising.

Now I know how to handle this situation but I'm not clear on why I have to handle it. Some scenes that are truly blown out need less adjustment than this simple image did. That's amazing!

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

That's why RAWis awesome for shots like this.  Just bracket next time and then pick and choose Or combined to create the perfect shot.  Someone great once said you make a photo, not take a photo and with today's camera's and software it's relevant.  I used to be a purist and have changed my mind a bit on what that great saying meant.  To me it means use the full scene and surrounds to find your angel and frame. Ten shot you want.  Same goes in post processing, make it the way you remember or how you wanted it to be.  So long as its true to your original vision your good  To Go!

Have fun!

-- hide signature --

Find Your Mind Online!
AM4L.com
Mark

AM4L's gear list:AM4L's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow