Epson 3880 ... stuck! Skin tone issues....

Started Dec 28, 2012 | Questions thread
Hugowolf
Forum ProPosts: 11,417
Like?
Re: Epson 3880 profiles question
In reply to Sal Baker, Dec 31, 2012

Sal Baker wrote:

Hugowolf wrote:

Sal Baker wrote:

Hugowolf wrote:

Ursula Freer wrote:

Hugowolf wrote:

Ursula Freer wrote:

I am using the pigment ink that came with this new printer with Epson WC Radiant White paper.

To be precise the settings are not identical , when I use PS to handle color I choose the icc profile for the paper. In both cases the same profile is clicked: Epson WC Radiant White.

Using an Epson 3880? On Mac or Windows?

You should get almost identical prints between PS and the driver managing color when choosing ICM for when the driver manages color and choosing the same rendering intent (ralative colorimetric or perceptual) for both.

Brian A

Yes using the Epson 3880 on a Mac. I know it should be identical and It's making me nuts!

I'm in business, so PC. There are reports of the Mac OS ColorSync utility interfering with color management when the preview is turned on in the 3880 driver dialog. You could try turning the preview off and then do a test print to see if that makes any difference.

My day gig is at a large design firm and video production house that is all Mac, over 300 workstations across 3 facilities, so I don't know what you're implying. ColorSync can be easily disabled with one check box In the print driver.

The Canon large format printer accounting software that gives ink use data and extimates of ink cost is Windows only. My accounting software, QuickBooks was Windows only. My image print layout software, QImage, is Windows only. If I was a large company I could run both, but I am not.

Macs run Windows too. both platforms are good, it all comes down to personal or corporate preference.

It isn't a preference thing for me, it is purely cost-benefit analysis. I can build a Windows machine for about one third of the cost of a Mac with equivalent power and storage capacity. And I can only run Windows on a Mac if I pay for two operating systems.

I would estimate that about 90% of my customers are Mac users.

Brian A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow