What do people think max usable ISO is for GH3

Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
snapster
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
Re: What do people think max usable ISO is for GH3
In reply to funkytwig, Dec 31, 2012

I initially had the max ISO set for 6400 based on a couple of initial outings to test high ISO and AF speed.  I shot in RAW and JPEG to compare the output. I use the SilkyPix developer that came with the GH1 and now the GH3. With the GH1 supplied Silkypix it took some adjustment to get something similar to the in camera JPEG. With the GH3 supplied Silkypix the default settings come very close to the in camera JPEG. Based on the results of the initial shots I set the auto ISO max to 6400. I took advantage of the Silkypix upgrade offer for Panasonic owners and was pleasantly surprised by how well the upgrade version handles noise.  I have now reset the auto ISO limit to 12800 but haven't had a chance to try it out at the new setting. I have no doubt it will perform well. The question will be can I push it to 25600.

Ive posted an example ISO 6400 shot, full size and downloadable

http://rustyblades.smugmug.com/Nature-Flora-Fauna/GH3-Focus-and-ISO-Performance/27008248_rMdqgD#!i=2296218620&k=7224FS8

This is a very usable shot for me.

So for me 12,800 for sure and possibly 25,600

-- hide signature --

Paul

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow