F750EXR vs F200EXR at wide angle

Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
DS21
Senior MemberPosts: 1,571Gear list
Like?
Re: *sigh* ... meaningless test begets meaningless condemnation ...
In reply to CAcreeks, Dec 31, 2012

CAcreeks wrote:

Rachotilko wrote:

Not all of the deficiencies of the F750exr shot can be explained by the inappropriate exposure settings.

I have the -.67 EV but decided to post the -.33 EV because it looks better overall, although the -.67 has better blue sky. No real difference in the items you pointed out, Rachotilko.

An observation is that my F750 seems to auto-correct in-camera super wide angle (25mm equivalant) better than the zoom values just above. Guess I should try that setting.

The F200EXR has a larger sensor, so doesn't it gather more light at identical exposure settings? I can't otherwise explain why the new F models overexpose so much in comparison.

Fuji changed the metering over time to expose more for the shadows. The F200 (same as F100 before) has a conservative  metering, meaning it is very hard to overexpose. This test just proves to me (viewed full size) that F200 is a classic never to be repeated again by Fuji.

DS21's gear list:DS21's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F11 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow