Started Dec 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
GodSpeaks
Forum ProPosts: 10,273Gear list
Like?
Re: And is it equivalent?
In reply to Leonard Migliore, Dec 31, 2012

Leonard Migliore wrote:

GodSpeaks wrote:

Now consider that for $3000, you could get a 36MP D800. That's a saving of $1500 over that 22MP back, and you still have to buy the camera AND lenses.

Just be aware that medium format digital is EXPENSIVE. I have shot with Hasselblad, Fuji, Mamiya and Bronica medium format cameras back in the film days.

I even had a Mamiya 645 AFD with digital back. I recently sold off all my MFD equipment and bought a D800E to replace it.

Just saying, give it plenty of thought before you leap.

I've heard comments that the D800 is as good as MF. What's your opinion on that (your actions strongly imply that you agree with that assessment)?

-- hide signature --

Leonard Migliore

It is certainly as good as the entry level medium format digital (ie: 40MP or less).

Yes, there are some differences, but considering the cost difference (~$3000 vs ~$10000), I think the D800E wins by a landslide, especially in the areas of speed and handling.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'
- Rayna Butler

GodSpeaks's gear list:GodSpeaks's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7i Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n +39 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow