Started Dec 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Paul Farace
Contributing MemberPosts: 730Gear list
Like?
Your best photo accessory might just cost $1.00
Dec 31, 2012

If you're like me, that is someone who has several different cameras with dissimilar batteries packed for shooting assignments or on vacation -- AND you have at least half a dozen AA NiMH sets of four for strobes (and you SHOULD) that you don't want to mix up because they're from different age batches -- you might be pulling your hair out trying to keep them all organized in your bag or equipment drawer.  Here is my cheapo solution. Go to the Dollar Store or local thriftstore and look for the tiny cheap "camera cases" or coin purses, or in the drugstore travel aisle look for the small plastic cases of cotton ear swabs (put the swabs into your big box of swabs and use the empty plastic case!)... The camera stores sells cases like this for $2.00 but you don't get swabs and mine was 89 cents!

Here is a sampling of my "treasures" -- and yes, grab a Sharpie marker and mark those bad boys with easily readable legends about what's inside.  The orange X100 case holds four extra batteries for the Fuji X100. The others hold AA batteries and/or batteries for other camera bodies. It was much more simple in the old days when all my Canon SLRs used the same BP511 battery... but it takes three different batteries to feed the Canons in the bags these days, along with AAs for the other stuff that eats batteries.

The Hello Kitty bags seems to grab attention (whether you want it or not) and can also be used for filters if you don't need it for battery storage. If the batteries are exhausted and you want to indicate such... then don't zipper it closed when you put it back in the bag!

-- hide signature --

Holding a camera, any camera, reduces my blood pressure, calms my nerves, and gives me a sense of opportunity!

Paul Farace's gear list:Paul Farace's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Fujifilm X-Pro1 +3 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow