Looking for a light weight Ball Head for Gitzo GT1542T Series 1 Traveler 6x Carbon Fiber Tripod

Started Dec 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Digitalshooter2
Regular MemberPosts: 465
Like?
Re: Gitzo GT1542T Series 1 Traveler Tripod and Markins Q3t with knob release setup help
In reply to Digitalshooter2, Dec 31, 2012

Finally I have ALL the parts including the tripod at hand.  Now I need some help with setup becuase instructions were much less than desired:  Here are my questions:

1. Do I mount the Q3t head on top of the provided power plate/disc ?  I can remove this small round plate/disc and mount the head directly on the center column but it does not look right that way.

2. How tightly screwed I should keep the power plate ?  Just hand tight or ???  Not sure becuase instruction say nothing about it 

3. How tightly screwed should I keep be the Q3t on the power plate?  No instructions on that either?

4. What things I should inspect in the tripod and ballhead to insure there are no quality issues?  I would like to do it before the 14 day return period is over.

BTW I love the tripod and ballhead's look and feel.  I think this will be great travel kit for me and would last me a long time

-- hide signature --

2ShootDigital

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow