one pic from the zoo

Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
doros
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
Re: one pic from the zoo
In reply to maryleek, Dec 30, 2012

maryleek wrote:

I'm not certain but he/she might be a Baboon. I think it's a wonderful shot of his expression and he does look sad. Poor guy, who wouldn't be, cooped up in a cage. Try cropping just his face and see what you think; for me, it would provide more impact.

Thank you for sharing.

-- hide signature --

~ Mary

i will try that ! thanks !

well for the guy in the photo, actually the zoo hosts monkeys that been in research labs and

went through experiments  , so that zoo give them another chance to live with their kind

and maybe one day to return to wildlife.

R2D2 wrote:

i thought how to compose it with the fence bothering me

Right. Fences, buildings, paint, windows, reflections, wires, rocks, concrete, other people... so much to contend with.

Cropping in close like you did can help a lot. Using shallow DOF can help create separation too (your aperture was at max). Unique angles work well too.

i took this shot with max aperture to make the fence as blurry as i can get. i remember trying

to get shallow DOF , but i just couldnt get it (good chance that i did something wrong, kinda new

here.. )

hope you like it, please share thoughts

IMHO Black and White doesn't really add anything to this particular shot. There are also a lot of distractions and mergers (besides the obvious fence). Work your angles. Take lots of shots. Timing is very important.

Have fun,

R2

thanks for the kind words, hopes to get better shots next time!

dor.

doros's gear list:doros's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow