If Sigma had a mirrorless camera (CSC) ... pros/cons

Started Dec 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tom Schum
Senior MemberPosts: 3,586Gear list
Like?
Re: My wacky thought on a proper mirror less replacement to a DSLR
In reply to Hardy Steiner, Dec 30, 2012

Hardy Steiner wrote:

Your idea sounds quite good. I am quite a bit wondering if an EVF is really necessary if you have a nice big display. I remember me using a Bronica 645 and I was amazed by the beautiful "display" (the view on the focusing screen using a waist level focusing finder) ... and if you wanted you could put a viewfinder on top (sounds a bit similar to your Horseman viewfinder).

The EVF (a 2.36M dot OLED unit) on the Fuji X-E1 is really good, I think.  And the only Fuji lens I have for it, the 18-55 zoom is really good, too.

The hoodman loupe on the back display would be great for a SD1 and any DPxM while live-view focusing.  Of course at this point the SD1 does not have any sort of live-view at all.

This is something that really bothers me about the SD1.  I don't care whether they do it with a mirrorless or with a SD1 II, but I think the entire SA-mount lens line would benefit.  Besides, I have a significant investment in SA-mount lenses and I'm tired of manually focusing and I'm tired of focus bracketing too.

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow