Like?
NEX7 flop ....
In reply to MichaelKJ, Dec 30, 2012

MichaelKJ wrote:

texinwien wrote:

tedolf wrote:

Sergey Borachev wrote:

tedolf wrote:

What is really suprising is Sony doing so poorly. u 4/3 has half the market and Sony less than 20%!?

Sony's brand name is huge in Japan, bigger than Nikon.

At less than 20% market penetration, I think the Sony brass may pull the plug on NEX.

I guess the Memory Stick and Betamax wont be so lonely anymore.

Teedoolph

No wonder Sony is in so much trouble. Pulling the plug on NEX is no big loss if Sony technology continues to be put in Olympus cameras, e.g. focus peaking, or a SLT version of 43 camera, high res LCDs, sweep panorama ... .

That might be exaclty what the Sony brass is thinking.

I smelled blood when it was confirmed that Sony was selling sensors to Oly.

Sony has never been shy about abandoning technology, or their customers!

Tedolph

I read in an industry article back in April that Sony was planning to slowly shift focus to making sensors and selling them to other camera makers while expending less effort on building finished models, itself. Sony seems to be very good at making the sensors - much better than they are at taking over market share with their finished consumer cameras.

tex

I think Sony will dump their P&S cameras. The NEX-7 has done well for a high-margin camera,

No it hasn't.

It was supposed to be the u 4/3 killer.

The OM-d outsells it with an inferior  sensor.

The NEX 7 is a flop.

The NEX 6 is the proof.

Teolph

but this doesn't appear to be the case with the other NEX models. Given the recent release of RX1, RX100 & A99, I think Sony will continue to make cameras for enthusiasts.

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow