Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Crazy Newf
Junior MemberPosts: 49Gear list
Like?
Need help with pre-event figure skating camera set up
Dec 30, 2012

I've been shooting figure skating fosome me time now and have shot over 50,000 images in the past year. I shoot with a 60D and a 70-200 2.8 IS II.  I have a background in the electrical industry and have good knowledge of HID lighting systems like the ones used in arenas.  I understand that each lamp and fixture combination may have a different color rendering index (CRI) depending on the age of the lamp and the condition of the fixture.  Lighting layout also plays a roll in the way the lighting distribution is done.  The problems I'm running into is the amount of post editing I need to do in Lightroom for both colour rendering due to white balance which I set on AWB and exposure.  I always shoot in AV mode with the ISO set at 800 which gives me shutter speeds of about 500-1000 depending which lights the skaters are under.  Are there any good tools or techniques that I could use that would help in my editing. I would prefer doing batch editing as opposed to having to do each photo separately. Would setting up white balance pre shoot help.  What techniques for setting up white balance are good?

Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow