Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ann Chaikin
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,883Gear list
Like?
GH3 EVF Thoughts
Dec 30, 2012

I have been using my new camera most days and really love it. I have not had any smearing or difficulty seeing through the viewfinder. However, I have noticed one thing. The color is really different from my G5's viewfinder, especially when looking at bright lights. While we were visiting a display of Christmas lights in a cactus garden here, the purple lights looked blue in the GH3 and purple in my G5. Also the G5 viewfinder seems brighter and colors more true. So I am not in love with the viewfinder of my GH3 but do not find it hinders me from seeing what I want to take and getting good photos. I do find the GH3 has better dynamic range than the G5. I can't do any deeper analysis because I am still traveling and only have my iPad for preparing photos.

Otherwise I love having both cameras available while I tramp the desert. And I love the double Black Rapid strap. It works perfectly and makes the load seem very light while the cameras are ready to go at a moment's notice.

More when I return.

Ann Chaikin's gear list:Ann Chaikin's gear list
Sony RX100 Sigma DP2 Quattro Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +6 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow