Pentax-K Mount Considerations For a New Replacement Camera

Started Dec 29, 2012 | Questions thread
Jaur
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
Re: Pentax-K Mount Considerations For a New Replacement Camera
In reply to Franklin433, Dec 30, 2012

I have been intending to buy a dSLR my self for quite some time. Unfortunately economical reasons keep stopping me even though I have been very close a few times.

For me legacy lenses are not an issue since all I got are old Olympus film lenses and those are only supported by manual focus adapters. Still, my recommendation is to put down those old lenses as a post in favor of Pentax on your list but not to let them decide everything.
After quite a lot of research I am quite sure that I will buy a Pentax as soon as I got the money. In the end my take on dSLR options is that there are a few reasons not to go with Pentax. If those are important to you chose another mount. If you want a FF or mirrorless look elsewhere. If you just want the cheapest possible dSLR to use as a point and shoot Canon and Nikon got better options and if you do a lot of fast action photography look closer at the Canon 7d. And Pentax movie mode could be better. Otherwise Pentax got the better options. The last thing to consider is ergonomics which are rather subjective.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow