Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mano42
Regular MemberPosts: 174Gear list
Like?
Panasonic G5 HDR
Dec 30, 2012

Recently i bought a Lumix G5 since I started with G1, than jumped to G3, but something was wrong with ergonomics there, and I find the G5 has the same or better ergonomics as G1 and in the meantime is smarter than te G3.

I was wery excited about the new in-camera HDR, I have a HTC One X and I use HDR alot because the small sensor's low dynamic. All my HTC HDR images are clean and with wide dynamics, maybe a little too much saturation, but nothing bad I cannot correct later with an editor.

My G5 HDR files are not clean at all, and often I have 3 images (like shadows) or like I was trying to put 3 images on top of each other, and failing to do that.

I tried the HDR function on a Canon 650D (actually I wasn't pleased at all) but I didn't see anything like that on that...

I know a phone camera doesn't has a mechanical shutter, but using the electronic shutter of the G5 produced similar images, and the 650D has a mechanical shutter and the final HDR was well compozed...

One X without HDR, facing the Sun...

One X HDR , see the deails on the shadow side of the trees and the sky...

HdR example of Panasonic G5 with 14-140

mano42's gear list:mano42's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +1 more
Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow