Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Meadown
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
New A99, Long exposure help!
Dec 30, 2012

Hey all, been lurking DPR for almost a year now, finally got a camera worth taking photos on so I thought id introduce myself.

I'm actually a camera salesman so I know the basics of photography but lack the actual experience, I have recently won an entire A99 bundle with pretty much everything and have decided to keep it (never owned anything better than a D5100).

Been messing around with some long exposure stuff of traffic here in Melbourne (im a kiwi in oz) and was lucky enough to catch an Ambulance racing past during one of the shots, the colours of the lights are amazing but i am struggling to make the photo interesting enough in Lightroom to print, attached is the original file, and my first attempt at processing.

Unfortunately the ambulance ran through my second attempt at long exposure ever so the shot is a bit under exposed, later attempts are good but I want to salvage these lights in the shot if possible.

TLDR: New here, please help me salvage this underexposed long exposure!

First attempt at touching up.

Original crop and exposure.

Shot christmas day photos and everything was perfect, A99 holds your hand like no camera i've ever seen (or sold) but jumping into long exposure is another story!

Thanks in advance!

Nikon D5100 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow