Nikon D7000 Skin Tones Problem | Fuji S5 Comparison

Started Dec 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Anfy
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,379
Like?
Re: Before reading this post...
In reply to bimmerman, Dec 30, 2012

bimmerman wrote:

Well if you intend to use the D7000 for studio then I think it will do just fine for you as you'll probably be shooting raw. The only problems I faced with it was the Inconsistent matrix metering, iTTL and white balance performance. I sometimes have to hand over the camera to someone else who knows nothing about exposure compensation and thats when the problems occur. The matrix and iTTL overexposes very often And when you don't expect it to. Not at all like what the brochure says. Shoot RAW, use centre weighted or spot metering and compensate to taste as you would in a studio and the D7000 will serve you well.

Interesting, thank you.

I'll be testing out the D5200 soon and if i'm happy with the Matrix metering it'll be my interim high rez APS-C to use with my remaining Nikon lenses. I've sold my 17-55 because a little bird tells me a VR is on the way but I have not left Nikon.

Only problem with the D5200 is that almost all of my lenses are AF-D, not AF-S or G, so D5200 autofocus would not work.

Ciao!

-- hide signature --

Viva la evoluciĆ³n!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow