NX200 + 30mm pancake - Night shots of London

Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hirsti
Regular MemberPosts: 183Gear list
Like?
Re: NX200 + 30mm pancake - Night shots of London
In reply to Ian Leach, Dec 30, 2012

Ian Leach wrote:

Great photos of London. You seem to know your way around, are there any other places where the public can gain access to roof areas. Next time I go up to London I’d like to give some a go. Thanks again for the post.

Thanks.

There is a rooftop bar at the Hilton trafalgar with great views, oxo tower bar on the thames has good views of st pauls and the thames (see the picture above).  For seriously high views go to the heron tower in the financial district and go in the sushi samba bar (no reservation needed)

this is a photo taken in the day from there, I am going back in february at night.

Also soon you can get up the shard to the viewing platform but I think that will cost £25 and you cant get outside and are shooting throuh glass.

I would be interested if anyone else has any suggestions for photographing london,  they dont have to have a bar but it does make a good night out

Hirsti's gear list:Hirsti's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V Samsung NX200 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow