Will a Sony NEX F3 or 5N take pictures the same quality as an entry level DSLR?

Started Dec 23, 2012 | Questions thread
KoroKoro
New MemberPosts: 8Gear list
Like?
Re: Will a Sony NEX F3 or 5N take pictures the same quality as an entry level DSLR?
In reply to peruchox, Dec 30, 2012

Just to fill in all with the end result, I bought the Sony A37 yesterday.  Got a really good deal which was nice, and I was able to play with one which was great.  I really liked the feel of it.  I enjoyed holding it and using it more than the Nexus, and think that will make up for the extra weight.  They all seem pretty similar in output so I thought what felt good erganomically was a big factor.

Funny thing is, after scrolling through hours of reviews, comparisons and posts to see which was the best camera, it came down to which felt best (that most scientific of all indicators..).  But that prob means I'll be happier with it.

Was really tempted by the Nikon D5100 when I got to play with it.  And while I think it is probably a slightly better camera than the A37, it was quite a bit bigger and heavier; not to mention the A37 having in body vibration reduction instead of the lenses like the Nikon.

Happy with my choice, and to have joined the Sony system. Got the 18-55mm kit lens.  Really wanted the 18-135mm but none available and another $350 to upgrade.  Can prob buy them for that separately (Australia).

Now going to find a prime lens to play with and a couple of filters.  And work out how to use this new piece of technology sitting on my kitchen table.  I did find the on button, going to work up from there..   

Thanks all once again.

KoroKoro's gear list:KoroKoro's gear list
Ricoh GR Sony SLT-A57 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow