Started Dec 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,503Gear list
Like?
Re: Leonard Cohen -- last concert shot with the F200EXR
In reply to Michael Melb AU, Dec 30, 2012

Michael Melb AU wrote:

Gary N W wrote:

To my eyes this is one terrific series. Fine framing, outstanding color and clarity. Subject matter is superb. Even with the slight crop still looks great here. I would not get rid of your F200EXR anytime soon. Overall a very fine share and nice to view.

I do wish you luck with your new F770EXR!

Be well and Happy New Year,

Gary N W SFO

I would rather reserve my superlatives for something like this http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/37620795

So you are saying that a long zoom on a 4/3" sensor should not have so easily beat an F200EXR in JPEG from a long distance

And , while I do not share too much affection with the subject (in both cases)

Wow, how many people do you think would actually find that tidbit interesting?

I should say that for a guy that developed his own unique technique of imaging with EXP soapbox this is pretty lame in technical sense.

EXP soap box ... you must mean EXR. These two are 6 keys apart, so maybe I am wrong

Pretty lame ... in what technical sense? The sense where I chose to not try to get my GX1 confiscated at the door?

Perhaps a few of my other concert images would be more satisfactory ...

The Hip, shot way back in 2007 ... an F10 on auto no less ... again, I was unable to sneak in a larger camera ... bummer, yes?

The F550EXR was much more useful with its long lens ... here is Justin Hayward of the Moody Blues in 2011 ...

But since you favour images shot with larger sensors, how about this image of Jakob Dylan of the Wallflowers? I was a bit closer and had the D300 with 70-300VR with me ...

And what a treat a few days later ... of course, I was further away this time ...

Great knowledge of subject matter though - here I agree.

Me too

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow