Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BoatGuy
Regular MemberPosts: 151Gear list
Like?
NEX-6 vs Nikon V1
Dec 30, 2012

There is a lot of discussion here about the NEX-6 PDAF and associated problems.  It seems like many of the discussions treat this as an accepted issued with a mirror-less system and essentially exonerate Sony.  So I must be missing something.

DPR describes the Nikon V1 as having: "Fast and accurate phase-detection tracking AF as part of adaptive 'Hybrid' AF system".  I don't think any NEX-6 owner would make that claim; certainly I won't as I consider the AF system to be the Achilles heel of the NEX-6.

So is the NEX-6 just a poor implementation of PDAF, or is there a good reason why Sony has not produced a system that is "fast and accurate"?

Do we really have to choose between great focus in a Nikon 1 and great IQ in the NEX forever?  Is there hope for Sony?  I'm sure we'd all like both.

-- hide signature --

www.newmorning.info

BoatGuy's gear list:BoatGuy's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
Nikon 1 V1 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow