Anyone willing to compare GH3 viewfinders using actual photos?

Started Dec 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
sea_dragon
Contributing MemberPosts: 582Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone willing to compare GH3 viewfinders using actual photos?
In reply to Zoeff, Dec 30, 2012

Zoeff wrote:

sea_dragon wrote:

Zoeff wrote:

sea_dragon wrote:

Here is a quick video that shows my GH3 viewfinder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJMa3JSE-sA

I'd be very curious to see what happens when you move the diopter dial towards the other end and try that again. Assuming your copy is the same it should be quite a bit worse.

EDIT: Just to clarify, this issue isn't just academic for me - Depending on the situation I have genuine problems seeing what the camera has focused on.

Just to clarify, your diopter is set as follows:

Click up (counter-clockwise) until it hits the stop. Then click down (clockwise) 1 or 2 clicks.

I can try and do another video tomorrow with the diopter set that way.

It's on the other end, so go clockwise until you hit the stop, then go a few clicks counter-clockwise. This is pretty much the opposite of what you use during general shooting.

LOL... I guess my clarification wasn't so clear.

We are indeed at the same end of the diopter then.

I was counting from it's normal viewing position when I said "With the diopter in its normal position, I then click it downward until it hits the end for a total of 8 clicks."

Put a different way, I turn the diopter down (clockwise) until it hits the stop. Then I go 8 clicks up (counter-clockwise). So, we're really just 6 clicks away.

I thought something wasn't quite right because at the other end of the diopter (which we both are not near), it's a complete blurry mess.

sea_dragon's gear list:sea_dragon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow