RE: Rumor Roundtable - If this rumored G2X had "x" number of features, could I tempt you?

Started Dec 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hoboken Michelle
Regular MemberPosts: 104Gear list
Like?
Re: On weather resistance.....
In reply to Rod McD, Dec 30, 2012

Although I am not an expert on this, I would think there is a significant difference between manufacturing cameras with qualities of weatherPROOFING or weatherRESISTANCE. The K-30 is weather-resistant and has 81 seals around the camera.

The poster (Tron) mentioned that he expected weatherPROOFING with a camera.  Since the G1-X weighs 534 grams, would the high-end, fixed-lens market tolerate the camera's weight be raised any more than it already weights?  I suppose if an upcoming G2-X approached the weight amount of a body-only Pentax K-30 (650 grams) that would unleash more disappointment than praise.

By the way, with all of Tron's expectations added to a hypothetical G2-X, that would cannibalize all of Canon's SLR market.  Yeah sure, a G2-X wouldn't be able to do have the same flexibility (great apertures, flexible focal lengths) like removable lenses like a traditional SLR, but it would come awfully close - given the great IS and - potentially - even more expandable ISO.

Anyway, thank you for contribution, Rod and Tron! 

Michelle

Hoboken Michelle's gear list:Hoboken Michelle's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow