Its not all about ultimate photo quality and pixel peeping ! Rx100 shot...

Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
akjos
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,487
Like?
Its not all about ultimate photo quality and pixel peeping ! Rx100 shot...
Dec 30, 2012

I used to be obsessed about gear and ultimate sharpness super clean iso performance etc etc  ... While i do enjoy

when awesome photo is taken with superb equipment and everything just comes together , photography is

not all about that... Just admit... We all have few photos that we love and cherish  and continue to do so for years to come regarless of what camera it was taken with. Heck most of great memorable photos are taken with cell phones nowadays... Does it take anything away from loving such photos? Absolutely not.

ive been shooting almost full year with nothing but iphone. And i did own about 10k of nikon stuff up till about 2 years ago. Believe it or not it kinda opened my eyes ... I did miss little more capable cam so i got rx100 since im always on the road .

I took this snap of my wife second day shooting with rx100 don't even remember endlessly fiddled with settings...

photo is very poor technical quality wise because is not that sharp it was shot at high iso and bad lighting and as jpg that was pushed to the breaking point in PP lol..  But out of some 350 snaps i made most much nicer and great quality ,this one ill cherish the most for years to come.  Stop pixel peeping and look for the moment

I used to spend hours and days in photoshop glued to my pc now i just use ipad and dont even shoot raw anymore unless some super awesome photo opp came up...

Thanks for reading my rambling lol and happy new year!

-- hide signature --

www.infiniteartphotography.com http://www.pbase.com/jps1979/galleries

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow